The deadline for show submissions for the Rochester Fringe fest is today, April 19th, by midnight.
Hurry and get yours in!
NOTABA Meeting April 2, 2013:
Mixed reviews on keys. Some work, some do not. Will clarify
- What do we use to clean the kiosk?
- Call Nancy (428-7640) if your kiosk needs immediate attention(graffiti, etc), can also call 311 or Kathy or Aaron
- The website committee is now formally the Media relations committee
- Updated administrators of facebook and web page, etc. (Steve and Suzi)
- Working on a central website that links all the merchant association websites together, there would be a directory, etc. Idea is that you could find all the businesses in Rochester at one location. Cost would be $500/$60 a month, split between all participating Merchant associations. This would also enable streamlined billing.
- NOTA fest committee meeting April 3.
President of NOTA Neighborhood association (Larry O’Heron)
- Utility box project (last year) want to keep it going this year!
- Need to find someone to head this project
- Would like to open it up to local artists
- The MAG is volunteering to look into using the creative workshop students to design the boxes
- Atlantic Ave “remodeling”: Want it to look as nice as University! Larry, meet Jaquie Whitfield
- Jaquie Whitfield- our new Neighborhood Association rep from Rochester
- 933 University Ave.
- NOTA sent out a survey, if you did not get it Aaron will forward it
- 122 unit modern apartment building next to the Eastman house. Negatives: not enough parking spots, right in the middle of the preservation.
- Morgan headed two more meetings
- NOTABA does not have a stance on the project
- Preservation board meets May 8th, Larry plans on talking
- Clean sweep and Day of caring – looking for 10–15 volunteers. Contact is Jacquie Whitfield 428-7231
- Bagel brunch program
- Larry’s Email: email@example.com
NAMI Walk May 4th and Cinco De Mayo!
- Businesses keep in mind there will be high traffic from 9am to midnight
Next Month’s meeting location : 34 Elton St. May 7 at 9:30a
May’s meeting will be on Tuesday May 7th at 9:30 a.m. It will be hosted at 34 Elton Street.
Meetings are the first Tuesday of each month, with locations changing.
The committee met March 29 to further update this webpage and link the two facebook pages. NOTA News and Neighborhood of the Arts Business Association, facebook pages have administrators and share information relevant to mission statements. NOTA News will focus on neighborhood events and news, NOTABA will be any business association news, grants, and services that serve new businesses.
Expertise is needed in Word Press. A short term commitment (2 months) would enable committee to better manage information. Anyone interested please respond here or to facebook. The role includes coffee and bagels at meetings.
For current art events in the Neighborhood of the Arts, check out the NOTA Facebook page!
Anderson Alley Artists
Anderson Alley Artists is a community of artists with studios on the second, third, and fourth floors of the Anderson Arts Building (a former shoe factory) at 250 N. Goodman Street.
The Hungerford Building is home to 4 floors of artists, craftspeople, galleries and businesses. Click on the images to visit our personal websites or better yet vist our studios during First Friday.